If you’ve ever moved from one home to another in the KC area or even long distance, you know there’s plenty to do in the two or so months prior to your move. Those last two weeks are when things can really get crazy, as the time to actually move gets closer! What to take care of at this point? Our Kansas City movers have a few tips to help you stay organized.
- Make arrangements at work to take off on moving day.
- Have your car checked out by a mechanic. It may need a tune-up, or other services depending on how far you’re moving. The last thing you want is a breakdown on moving day!
- Contact your moving company to reconfirm all of the arrangements.
- If you’ll be switching banks, clean out your safe deposit box.
- In the week prior to moving, be sure to have any prescriptions you’ll need in the coming weeks refilled.
- Other than the clothes members of your family will want to wear those first two or three days while you’re in the process of moving and unpacking, finish your general packing.
- Taking the refrigerator with you? Be sure to defrost the freezer a day or two before the move, and empty/clean it so it will be ready to use when you arrive at your new location.
- Check with the moving company one last time a couple of days before the move. You want to make sure everyone’s on the same page as far as arrival time, directions, etc. and to ensure staff has your cell phone number and contact information.
At Secure Moving & Storage, we know moving involves endless details and can be stressful. Let our Kansas City movers make your move the best experience possible! Have questions about your upcoming move in KC? Call Secure Moving today at 816-256-8599.